Share this school:
Technical Support qualification
This FET certificate is a nationally accredited qualification which equips students who study at our private college with the necessary technical IT skills to be a well-rounded IT-support professional in the sub-fields of hardware and infrastructure for personal computers as well as hand-held devices and office products, data communications and networking, and other areas involved in technical support. The programme even includes a workplace integrated learning component at Curro.
What will you study in this nationally accredited qualification at our private college?
- Assembling, disassembling, and repairing computers and other devices
- Installing various operating systems and workplace-related software
- Troubleshooting of various operating systems and workplace-related software
- Knowledge and skills behind network cabling, network software, data communication, and support in these areas
- Effective communication with IT peers and other colleagues
What will you get/gain?
- A nationally accredited certificate on NQF 4 level
- Workplace integrated learning at Curro
- Strong academic knowledge
- Workplace-ready skills
How does the study process work?
After completing their theoretical studies at our private college, students will put their learned knowledge to use by completing the prescribed workplace integrated learning at Curro Holdings’ head office in Durbanville. During this time, they will actively participate in the tasks of the Curro Technology team so as to become proficient in the work they have learned – they may even go along to schools to help with on-site IT support.
Click here to view the fact sheet for this qualification.